While winter around other parts of the United States can be pretty brutal, Texans are fortunate enough to enjoy a relatively temperate season. How can you enjoy winter in Austin? Simple: head out to experience Austin’s best – both inside and outside:
- Grab a pint at a local brewery
- Head to Alamo Drafthouse or the Moviehouse & Eatery to catch the latest release
- Grab a cup of joe, hot chocolate or tea at a local café: Sour Duck Market, Better Half Coffee & Cocktails, etc. Click here for additional options.
- Shop some of the best local antique, vintage and thrift stores around Austin
- Be adventurous and try a new restaurant! Here’s a look at some of the best new restaurants around Austin!
- Head to a local bar, a friend’s house, or host a get-together to watch the Super Bowl
- Stroll the exhibits at a local museum. The University of Texas is home to some great collections, including the Blanton Museum of Art, the Harry Ransom Center and the LBJ Presidential Library
- Visit a local distillery
- Enjoy a day in the sun sipping on a glass of vino at an award-winning Hill Country winery. Here’s a look at some fantastic wineries and vineyards in North Central Texas.
- Run the Austin Marathon on February 17
- Dine on a patio: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill, Contigo, Grizzelda’s, etc.
- Explore some of Austin’s best hiking trails: Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail, St. Edwards Park, Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve, Barton Creek Greenbelt
- See a comedy show at Esther’s Follies
- Relax at a local spa or resort: Milk + Honey Spa, Lacquer, etc.
- Attend a University of Texas sporting event
Looking for something to do that doesn’t involve leaving the house? We’ve got you covered! Here’s a look at some activities to enjoy from the comfort of your own home:
- Revamp your home’s design. Don’t forget to consider the trends of 2019
- Make a fort or set up the tent in the living room and camp inside with the kiddos. Don’t forget the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate for s’mores
- Declutter the house – a tidy house can reduce anxiety!
- Clean out your drawers, closets, attic, garage and more
- Start planning your family summer vacation
- Cozy up and read a novel
- Help your kids with their homework – if needed, of course!
- Install a smart thermostat – you’ll save money on your electric bill
- Complete some regular home maintenance projects: insulate the attic, refurbish the doors, replace the filter, seal openings and air leaks and more
- Cook a new recipe you’ve been wanting to try
Stay warm and enjoy these activities!
Do you have any questions about the Austin area? We love it here and would be happy to share our knowledge with you! Contact us today.